changeset #10

I’ve run out of interesting titles for my ‘bend’ updates, so I figure the changeset # is just as non-entertaining.

I hit a critical point today in the coding — I’m finally at a point (again) where I’d use the current snapshot to go ahead and rip / encode my DVDs. Yay! Basically all I did was finish up the encoding part so it outputs to the correct filename: 104._High_Diving_Hare.mkv. That would be season one, episode 4 of Looney Tunes. And that is also one of the funniest cartoons ever. I love Bugs Bunny. 🙂

Now all I need is a media player for Linux that can resume playback for my movies. Nevermind that my DVD players have had that feature for at least the past 7 years. I’m not bitter about it.

Actually, I did find something, but it’s not working right. And, it’s written in perl, so I’m up the river on trying to fix it myself. Theres a project called mplayer-tools that has a bunch of little wrapper scripts around mplayer. I can get it working half the time, and the other half it just skips back a few seconds on resuming. Very odd. If I could figure out how to write a shell script to capture the output of mplayer, then I could write my own, but I can’t even get that far. Ah well, on with searching / tweaking.

Leave a Reply