I have not worked on my LDS Scriptures project in a very long time. In fact, annual realeases are becoming an embarrassing reality. However, I’ve been itching to update the project for a while now, since I’ve been learning quite a lot more about databases since my last release.
I had an interesting idea for doing some custom RSS feeds of pulling down scriptures (which I’ll get into at a later time), but I quickly realized the current db schema wasn’t quite up to par. I started poking around the postgres one, and it was much easier than I imagined to fix it up quite a bit. I dropped all the tables and recreated them, this time with primary and foreign keys, and I got rid of some columns that were completely unnecessary. I renamed some too, along with the other general cleanup.
I tarballed the snapshot once I was finished. This isn’t what I’m going to release as the final 3.0 version, since I still need to add things like views and more indexes, but this is the direction I’m going to be heading. You can download the snapshot tarball here. Feedback is welcome, as always. 🙂